Fr. Rene and Fr. Albert for celebrated the First Anniversary Mass for Jastine Valdez at Blessed Sacrament Chapel in Dublin on 19th of May 2019. The one-year memorial mass for Jastine Valdez was also a mass blessing for her parents Tess and Danilo. A Philippine Choir sang beautifully, and Philippine Honorary Consul to Ireland Raymond Garrett, Sister Bernadette, and Jastine’s friends spoke a few words.
In celebration of Jastine’s life, the parents of Jastine requested everyone to wear one of Jastine’s favourite colours White or Pink. As Jastine was a big fan of butterflies, butterfly crafts were displayed and given away for people to wear at the mass.
Jastine’s mother, Thessie, read a special message for her daughter.
“Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal.”
Forever in our hearts, it was a meaningful to remember Jastine Valdez who passed away on May 19, 2018 at Co. Wicklow.
Listen to the first and only interview with the parents of Jastine Valdez following the death of their daughter and to express their gratitude to all who donated in their daughter’s name to the memorial fund.
Thessie and Danilo asked Outreach Ireland to join them for moral support as they try to start a new life. They also wish to thank the public for respecting their privacy during this difficult time.
Other Media releases in 2018
- Vanda Brady Shares Philippine Tradition of Support for a Death of a Loved-One – May 2018 Northern Sound
- Local Woman Help Repatriate Murdered Body – May 2018 Longford Leader
- Mullahoran Woman Coordinating Appeal to Repatriate Body of Jastine Valdez – May 2019 Longford Leader
- Mullahoran Mum Helps Jastine On Her Final Journey – May 2018
- Vanda Brady Translates for Parents of Murdered Jastine Valdez on RTE1 Miriam O’Callaghan Show – August 2018